Daily Current Affairs (English) - 09.03.2018
Submitted by root on Fri, 03/09/2018 - 13:00
National Nutrition Mission
- On the occasion of International Women's Day (8th March)the Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Nutrition Mission, and expansion of the coverage of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme, at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan. The National Nutrition Mission will be executed in a mission mode using technology for maximum benefits.
- The Prime Minister interacted with District Magistrates of aspirational districts. He also interacted with beneficiary mothers and girl children of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme.
- The Prime Minister awarded certificates to the best performing districts under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Smt. VasundharaRaje, said that she is happy that the Prime Minister chose Rajasthan for the launch of a vital scheme and the expansion of another. Rajasthan will always support the efforts of the Prime Minister towards women empowerment.
- Addressing the large gathering on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that through the power of technology, the entire nation is connected with Jhunjhunu. He appreciated Jhunjhunu district for furthering the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao movement. He said there is no question of discrimination based on gender.
- The Prime Minister stressed on the importance of girls getting access to quality education, just like boys.Emphasizing that a daughter is not a burden, he said girls are bringing pride and glory for our nation, and excelling in several fields.
- The Prime Minister also spoke of the importance of providing proper nutrition to children. He said Mission Indradhanush has brought an extremely positive change in the lives of women and children.
SC : Aadhaar not mandatory for enrolment in NEET
- The Supreme Court has directed the central board of secondary education (CBSE )not to make Aadhaar number mandatory for enrollment of students appearing in NEET 2018 and other all India exams.
- A five-judge Constitution bench headed by Chief justice Dipak Misra directed the CBSE to upload the information on their website.
- Earlier the The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAII)had told the supreme court that CBSE has not been given any authority in this regard.The UIDAI's remarks came on a plea challenging the decision of CBSE in the matter.
Forbes 2018 : World’s Billionaires list
- According to Forbes’ 2018 ‘World’s Billionaires’ list, Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani’s wealth surged a whopping 72.84 per cent to USD 40.1 billion highest among the 119 Indian billionaires on the list. Mukesh Ambani was ranked 19th globally, up from 33rd position in 2017.
- According to this list the Amazon founder moved ahead of Bill Gates, who is now the second richest person globally with a fortune of USD 90 billion. According to Forbes, India is home to 119 billionaires, 18 more than last year.
- This year’s report consists of 2,043 of the richest people in the world. The combined net worth of this elite group is a whopping USD 9.1 trillion, up 18 per cent since last year. Their average net worth is a record USD 4.1 billion.
- Azim Premji is the second richest Indian and was ranked 58th on the overall list with a net worth of USD 18.8 billion, followed by Lakshmi Mittal (62nd position, net worth of USD 18.5 billion), Shiv Nadar (98th, USD 14.6 billion) and Dilip Shanghvi (115th, USD 12.8 billion).Acharya Balkrishna, the co-founder of FMCG company Patanjali Ayurved, was ranked 274th on the list with a net worth of USD 6.3 billion.
- This report noted that the gap between the really rich and the merely rich continues to widen, as fortunes soar to new heights so much so that the 20 richest people on the planet are worth a staggering USD 1.2 trillion, a sum roughly equivalent to the annual economic output of Mexico.In aggregate, they may represent less than 1 per cent of total billionaires but their riches amount to 13 per cent of the total fortune of all billionaires worldwide.
- The Forbes 2018 World’s Billionaires list is a snapshot of wealth using stock prices and exchange rates from February 9, 2018.
WINGS INDIA - 2018
- The four-day biennial event ‘WINGS INDIA 2018 ‘, jointly organized by Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of India and FICCI got underway in Hyderabad on 8th March.
- The theme of the four-day biennial event this year is ‘India-Global Aviation Hub’. WINGS INDIA 2018 is a platform for interactions, forging alliances, investments and air connectivity between the States and the global aviation players & stakeholders.
- The event was attended by senior ministers of Telangana Government and senior officials of Ministry of Civil Aviation, DGCA, AAI and representatives from FICCI.
PLEASE NOTE: Check Your Email After Subscribing and Click on Activation Link to Confirm Subscription.