Daily Current Affairs (English) - 10.02.2018
Submitted by root on Sat, 02/10/2018 - 13:27
Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018
- With this as background, encouragement, recognition, commitment and with the thrust in Digital India that aims at transforming the country into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy, National Informatics Center (NIC) is organizing a three-day National Meet on Grassroot Informatics- VIVID 2018 to 08th February to 10th February, 2018 at the Indian Habitat Center, New Delhi.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976, and has since emerged as a "prime builder" of e-Government / e-Governance applications up to the grassroots level as well as a promoter of digital opportunities for sustainable development. NIC, through its ICT Network, "NICNET", has institutional linkages with all the Ministries /Departments of the Central Government, 36 State Governments/ Union Territories, and about 708 District administrations of India.
- NIC has been instrumental in steering e-Government/e-Governance applications in government ministries/departments at the Centre, States, Districts and Blocks, facilitating improvement in government services, wider transparency, promoting decentralized planning and management, resulting in better efficiency and accountability to the people of India.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the 'RashtriyaVayoshri Yojana . The Scheme is fully funded from the Senior Citizens' Welfare Fund .
- The purpose of this scheme is to provide senior citizens belonging to BPL category, who suffer from age related disabilities, such physical aids and assisted living devices with their physiological functions in nearby normalcy.
- Under the Scheme, assisted living devices such as walking sticks, elbow crutches, walkers / crutches, tripods / quadpods, hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial dentures, spectacles are distributed to the beneficiary senior citizen.
Sixth bi-monthly monetary policy statement, 2017-18.
- On February 7th, 2018, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of Reserve Bank of India released sixth bi-monthly monetary policy statement, 2017-18.
- Monetary policy committee has kept the policy rates, reserve cash ratio, net demand and periodic liabilities unchanged in the sixth bi-monthly monetary policy statement.Policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) kept unchanged at 6.0 percent.
- Earlier, on December 6th, 2017, the fifth bi-monthly policy was issued by RBI, in which policy rates were kept unchanged.The Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) of Scheduled Commercial Banks is 19.50% at Unchanged.
- Keeping the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) of scheduled commercial banks unchanged, it retained 4 percent of Net Demand and Time Liabilities (NDTL).As a result, the Reverse Repo Rate under the liquidity adjustment facility is 5.75 and the Marginal Standing Facility Rate (MSF) and Bank Rate is 6.25 percent.
- The real gross value added (GVA) growth as per the first advance estimates (FAE) released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO) is projected to decrease by 2016-17 to 7.1 percent from 6.1 percent in 2016-17.Turning to the growth outlook, GVA growth for 2017-18 is projected at 6.6 percent.
- In the third bi-monetary policy statement, 2017-18 released on August 2nd, 2017, the RBI reduced the policy repo rate from 6.25% to 6.0% by decreasing basis points by 25.
India successfully test fires Prithvi-II
- On February 7, 2018 India successfully tested the indigenously built nuclear-capable Prithvi missile-II guided missile.
- Tactical Force Command of the Indian Army tested the missile through the mobile launcher from launch pad-III of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur .
- Prithvi missile-II is a surface-to-surface medium range missile . The strike range of Prithvi missile-II is 350 km. It is powered by liquid propulsion twin engines
- The missile weighs about 4,600 kg and it is capable of carrying 500 to 1,000 kilograms of conventional and nuclear warheads.
- Prithvi missile-II is developed under the joint collaboration of Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Bharat Dynamics Limited, the missile was first test-fired on 27 January 1996.
STUDY MATERIAL & TEST SERIES FOR SSC CGL 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Check Your Email After Subscribing and Click on Activation Link to Confirm Subscription.