Daily Current Affairs (English) - 11.07.2018
Submitted by root on Wed, 07/11/2018 - 17:32
ANDHRA PRADESH, TELANGANA AND HARYANA TOP RANKERS IN EASE OF DOING BUSINESS
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, released the final rankings of States in Ease of Doing Business in New Delhi today. The top rankers are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Haryana. Jharkhand and Gujarat stood fourth and fifth respectively. DIPP, Ministry of Commerce and Industry in collaboration with the World Bank conducted an annual reform exercise for all States and UTs under the Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP). The aim of this exercise is to improve delivery of various Central Government regulatory functions and services in an efficient, effective and transparent manner.
The reform plan has expanded from 285 to 372 action points till 2017. States and UTs have conducted reforms to ease their regulations and systems in areas such as labour, environmental clearances, single window system, construction permits, contract enforcement, registering property and inspections. States and UTs have also enacted Public Service Delivery Guarantee Act to enforce the timelines on registrations and approvals.
A look at the rankings of other states
According to a statement issued by DIPP on the ranking of other states, Telangana and Haryana remained second and third respectively in this regard. In the top 10, Jharkhand ranked fourth in the top 10, Chhattisgarh sixth, Madhya Pradesh seventh, Karnataka eighth, Rajasthan on the ninth and West Bengal was at tenth place. Meghalaya remained the last 36th in the list.
How is Ranking
- DIPP, Together with World Bank, the business of all the states and Union Territories is ranked on the basis of accessibility.
- DIPP does this under the Business Improvement Action Plan (BRAF) for further improvement in the business sector.
- A number of suggestions have been made in the number of suggestions suggested in the BRAP 2017.
- A large number of states have registered significant growth. "
- Under BRAP 2017, all the states and Union Territories have been given joint issues.
- The basis of these combined points are two types of points 'improvement evidence points' and 'feedback points'.
- Corrective evidence points are based on the evidence provided by states and Union Territories, while feedback numbers have been decided on the basis of feedback raised from real users of the services given to traders.
WORLD POPULATION DAY: 11 JULY
World Population day is an annual event, observed on July 11 every year, which seeks to raise awareness of global population issues. World Population Day 2018 observes the theme, "Family planning is a human right."
Why Celebrate? World population day
World Population Day, the reason behind celebrating this day, is to draw attention of people on the issue of increasing population every second. This day was first started by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in 1989, when the population had reached around 5 billion. According to the decision of the United Nations Governing Council, in the development program in 1989, it was decided by the recommendation of the community globally that every year 11 July will be celebrated as World Population Day.
The aim of celebrating World Population Day
- World Population Day is to educate people to avoid unwanted pregnancies. Educating youth to avoid unwanted pregnancies, using appropriate measures.
- Motivating people towards safe sex.
- Explain the impact of marriage at a young age and at a higher age.
- Enhancing public awareness about the risk of birth
- Educating people about pregnancy related diseases.
- Prevention of female feticide.
CHINA SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED TWO REMOTE-SENSING SATELLITES FOR PAKISTAN
China on Monday successfully launched two remote sensing satellites for Pakistan, marking the first international commercial launch for the Long March-2C rocket in about 19 years. The satellites -- PRSS-1 and PakTES-1A were launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China at 11:56 am. The PRSS-1 is China's first optical remote sensing satellite sold to Pakistan. It is the 17th satellite developed by the China Academy of Space Technology (CAST) for an overseas buyer. A scientific experiment satellite, PakTES-1A, developed by Pakistan, was sent into orbit via the same rocket. After entering orbit, the PRSS-1 is in good condition with its solar panels unfolded smoothly, according to the CAST.
The PRSS-1 will be used for land and resources surveying, monitoring of natural disasters, agriculture research, urban construction and providing remote sensing information for the Belt and Road region. The satellite, which has a designed life of seven years, is equipped with two panchromatic/multispectral cameras, with a resolution up to a meter and a coverage range of 60 km.
TWO CLASSICAL PLAYS FROM INDIA: D.P. SINHA
The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that there is a need to revive Theatre and make it a prominent form of education and entertainment. He was addressing the gathering after releasing the book ‘Two Classical Plays from India’, an English translation of Hindi plays written by well-known playwright Shri D.P. Sinha.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Limited has appointed T Latha as the Managing Director & CEO. She has taken over from G Sreeram, who has retired from the office on July 1, 2018, on completion of his tenure. Her appointment will be for a period of three years w.e.f July 2, 2018.
STUDY MATERIAL & TEST SERIES FOR SSC CGL 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Check Your Email After Subscribing and Click on Activation Link to Confirm Subscription.