Daily Current Affairs (English) - 28.07.2018
Submitted by root on Tue, 07/31/2018 - 20:45
LOK SABHA PASSES ANTI-TRAFFICKING BILL
The Lok Sabha on Thursday passed a bill to prevent human trafficking, especially of women and children, provide rehabilitation to the victims and prosecute offenders. The Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018, was passed after a reply by Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi, who had introduced the proposed law in the house. The bill creates a dedicated institutional mechanism for the prevention, protection, investigation and rehabilitation steps related to trafficking.
What is human trafficking?
Forcible labor in severe forms of Task Re, begging, giving sex or hormones to a person for premature sexual maturity, for marriage or for the sake of marriage or after marriage, women and children are involved. There is a provision for punishment for the promotion of human trafficking and forgery for making fake certificates, printing, and approvals from government agencies and for obtaining the necessary documents.
Key Fact of the Bill
- Establishment of a National Anti-Trafficking Bureau to investigate trafficking cases and implement provisions of the Bill.
- Appointment of State Anti-Trafficking Officers.
- Setting up of Anti-Trafficking Units (ATUs) at the district level.
- Establishment of Anti-Trafficking Relief and Rehabilitation Committees (ATCs) at the national, state, and district levels.
- Setting up of the Protection Homes to provide shelter, food, counselling and medical services to victims.
- Setting up designated courts in each district to complete the trial within a year.
- Provision of penalties for offences including trafficking of persons, promoting trafficking, disclosing the identity of the victim and aggravated trafficking such as trafficking for bonded labour.
SCIENTISTS HAVE DISCOVERED A HUGE UNDERGROUND LAKE ON MARS
Astronomers have found compelling evidence that there is a huge reservoir of liquid water buried a mile under the ice near the south pole on Mars. The European Space Agency's Mars Express orbiter captured radar measurements and spotted a 20 kilometer-wide stretch of water in the region, known as Planum Australe. It's the first time in history, that scientists have identified a stable body of water on Mars and they suggest that there's a good chance microbial life may have existed thanks to this lake.
- This flowing water is present at about 1.5 kilometers of snowy surface.
- It is very cold and contains a large amount of salt and mineral.
- It has created the possibility of more water on Mars and even the presence of life.
- It is the largest water body ever found on Mars.
- Researchers are looking for the possibilities of life in the past and present on Mars. However, because of the weak atmosphere, the climate of Mars is cooler than before, which has resulted in the change in water ice present here.
- Its temperature is less than the freezing point of water (at which temperature water is made of ice), yet lake water is not stored due to the presence of magnesium, calcium and sodium.
What is astrobiology? - The condition of water is very important in
astrobiology. In this area, study of the possibilities of life besides the earth
HARYANA TEEN SCALES MOUNT KILIMANJARO
Shivangi Pathak, who became the youngest Indian woman to reach the peak of Mount Everest, has added another feather to her cap by scaling Africa's highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro. Speaking to ANI, Shivangi said she wanted to be a notch higher than the rest since childhood. Through this victory on the African mountain, Shivangi wants to give a message of 'Beti Bachao and Beti padho' and wants to show that if women have will, they can achieve anything.
Shivangi, popularly known as 'Eagle of the Mountain', said that women can achieve whatever they want. Shivangi has won Mount Everest this year in May 2018, and after this historic victory he got the award of 'Eagle of the Mountain'. His inspiration is Arumya Sinha.
The world's oldest person Japanese woman Chiyo Miyako
(117-year-old) has passed away on 22nd July 2018 at her home state south of
Tokyo. Her death was confirmed by the government of Kanagawa, Miyako (2nd May
1901) became the world's oldest person in April after Nabi Tajima from the Kikai
island in southern Japan died at age 117.
STUDY MATERIAL & TEST SERIES FOR SSC CGL 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Check Your Email After Subscribing and Click on Activation Link to Confirm Subscription.