Delhi Police Constable Exam Paper Held on 24-05-2014 (PART -4)
Submitted by root on Sat, 12/16/2017 - 11:43
Constable Exam Paper - 2014 (Held on 24-05-2014)
61. A shopkeeper charges 44% extra than the cost price, from his customer. If the customer paid Rs. 648 for an item, then what was its cost price?
(a) Rs. 575
(b) Rs. 435
(c) Rs. 450
(d) Rs. 515
62. The average age of a woman and her daughter is 21 yr. Also, ratio of their age is consecutively 5 : 1. What would be the ratio of their age, after 5 yr?
(c) 4 : 1
(d) 3 : 1
63. How much compounded interest would one get on Rs. 1542 at 4% per annum after 2 yr?
(a) Rs. 126
(b) Rs. 130
(c) Rs. 122
(d) Rs. 115
64. If amount of profit earned on selling a pair of shoes at Rs. 2033 happens to be the amount of loss suffered on selling the same pair at f 1063, then what is the cost price of this pair of shoes?
(a) Rs. 1650
(b) Rs. 1548
(c) Rs. 1532
(d) Rs. Cannot be determined
65. Which of the following has fractions in ascending order?
(a) 5/7, 3/5,9/12
(b) 3/5, 5/7, 9/12
(c) 5/7, 9/12, 3/5
(d) 9/12, 5/7, 3/5
66. If 'P' means '+', 'q’ means 'X', 'T' means '+' and 'V' means '-' then 18 P 12 T 4 Q 8 V 10 = ?
67. In a certain code, 'CONTRIBUTOR' is written as 'RTNOCIROTUB'. How is 'PROHIBITION' written in that code?
68. Q says, 'M and T are my brothers'. Q says, 'K is father of T'. Q says, 'R is brother of my father', How is R related to T' s mother?
(d) None of these
69. If in a code language, 'BACK' is written as '5914', 'KITE' is written as '4876', then 'BEAT' will be Written as
70. If 'red' is called 'white', 'white' is called 'black', 'black' is called 'yellow', 'yellow' is called green', 'green' is called 'blue' and 'blue' is called 'indigo', then the colour of 'sunflower' will be
Directions (Q. Nos. 71-77): These questions are based on the following six numbers
283,347,518,829, 748 and 827
71. If the first and the second digits of each number are interchanged, which number will be the second lowest?
72. If the second and the third digits of each number are interchanged, which number will be the third highest?
73. If the first and the third digits of each number are interchanged, which number will be the third lowest?
74. If 1 is added to the second digit of each number and 1 is subtracted from the third digit of each number and then if the first and the third digits of each number are interchanged, then which number will be the highest?
75. If the first digit of each number replaces the third digit of that number, third digit replaces the second digit and the second digit replaces the first digit, and the numbers, thus formed, are arranged in the ascending order, then which number will be the third?
76. If the first and the third digits of each number are interchanged and 1 is added to the second digit of each number, then which of the following pairs of numbers will have highest total of their numerical value?
(a) 283 and 518
(b) 347 and 748
(c) 283 and 827
(d) 518 and 829
77. If 283 is written as 328, 347 as 734 and so on, then which of the following two numbers will have least difference between them?
(a) 827 and 347
(b) 283 and 748
(c) 748 and 518
(d) 518 and 829
78. Ashok starts walking from point 'P' and goes 5km to the East. Bharat starts from the same point 'P' and goes 5km to the West. Now, Ashok turns left and Bharat turns right, and both stop after going 5km. What is the distance between their respective stoppage points?
(d) Cannot be determined
Directions (Q. Nos. 79-83) These questions are based on the following arrangements of symbols, letters and numbers
1 % B 7 @ 4 D G 2 1 9 A
K 6 # E 3 ! U C 8 Z $ 5
Please study them carefully and reply the questions.
79. How many symbols are there in the arrangement, each of which is immediately preceded by a number but not immediately followed by a letter?
80. If all the symbols are removed from the arrangement, then which of the following will be the eight element from the right end?