List of Important Indian Mathematicians From Ancient to Modern Times
Submitted by root on Mon, 03/12/2018 - 15:37
- He is also known as Bhaskaracharya.
- He was born in 1114.
- He was the one who acknowledged that any number divided by zero is infinity and that the sum of any number and infinity is also infinity.
- The famous book “Siddhanta Siromani” was written by him.
- He was born in 476 CE at Kusumapura.
- He was regarded as the first of the major mathematician-astronomers from the classical age.
- Aryabhaṭiya and Arya-siddhanta were his known works.
- He worked on the ‘place value system’ using letters to signify numbers and stating qualities.
- He discovered the position of nine planets and found that these planets revolve around the sun.
- He also described the correct number of days in a year that is 365.
- He was born in 598 near present day Rajasthan.
- The most significant contribution of Brahmagupta was the introduction and computing methods of zero (0) to mathematics.
- He was born on 1887.
- His important contributions to this field are
- Hardy-Ramanujan-Littlewood circle method in number theory
- Roger-Ramanujan’s identities in partition of numbers
- Work on algebra of inequalities
- Elliptic functions
- Continued fractions
- Partial sums and products of hypergeometric series
- P.C. Mahalanobis was born in 1893.
- He is known for
- Mahalanobis distance
- Feldman–Mahalanobis model
Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao
- R Rao was born in 1920.
- He is a well-known statistician.
- He is famous for his ‘Theory of estimation’.
- He is known for
- Cramer–Rao bound
- Rao–Blackwell theorem
- Orthogonal arrays
- Score test
- R. Kaprekar was a recreational mathematician.
- He discovered several results in number theory, comprising a class of numbers and a constant named after him.
- He was born in 1894.
- He is known for his collaboration withAlbert Einstein.
- He is best known for his work on quantum mechanics.
- He famous contributions are
- Bose–Einstein correlations
- Bose–Einstein condensate
- Bose–Einstein distribution
- Bose–Einstein statistics
- Bose gas
- Photon gas
- Ideal Bose equation of state
PLEASE NOTE: Check Your Email After Subscribing and Click on Activation Link to Confirm Subscription.